Around here, it's easy to get stuck in a cold drink rut. We don't drink sodas, we don't drink juices, we don't drink milk. But because of the insatiable thirst that summer evokes, we often crave nothing more than a tall glass of deliciously brewed iced tea.
Our favorite teas are loose leaf (the tea pictured here is Lavender Rose Green Tea...so refreshing!), and today I thought I'd share my no-fail way of brewing the perfect batch every time.
1. Boil water.
2. Place 5 heaping teaspoons of loose leaf tea in a heat proof 2 quart container.
3. Fill container 1/4-1/3 of the way full with boiling water.
4. Cover and steep for 1 hour.
5. Pour brewed tea through a fine mesh sieve to catch all of the leaves.
6. Return to your 2 quart container and sweeten. We use 20 drops of stevia extract (an herbal sugar alternative). If you sweeten with sugar, the best way I've found to sweeten iced tea is by making a simple syrup.
7. Top off the container with fresh cool water, and refridgerate until cold.
8. Serve over ice (with lemon if desired).