Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer Is...Hydrangeas

Indulge me. This is my once-a-year swoon-fest over the flower that reigns queen of my heart: the hydrangea. My love for them runs so deep that I've planted over 50 here at Windy Poplars. All colors, all varieties, all species. Ever since I was a little girl, this was the one plant that has made my heart go pitter-patter. One of my gardening goals in life was to have a hedge of nodding mopheads taller than I was, rustling in the breeze. And now I do. Although I console myself in the springtime with the showy fragrant parade of the peonies as I await the arrival of my true love, the highlight of my summertime will always, ever be, these beauties:


Do you have a favorite flower?


Stay in the loop >>> BLOGLOVIN' | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER

7 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with hydrangeas. Since I don't have a yard in which to grow my own I splurge for a few stems at the flower shop now and then throughout the spring and summer to make up for it. These are stunning, I can't even imagine how beautiful your garden must be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! My hydrangeas are blooming, but their color is very dull this year. Any suggestions? Also, do you have a trick to keep them blooming throughout the summer? I love my hydrangeas, but I feel like I don't really know how to properly care for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hydrangeas...I definitely killed mine last summer though. Dang you, Texas heat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty hydrangeas!!! My favorite flower is the gerbera daisy :-)

    XO,

    Gina

    www.popcornandpandas.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely! Hydrangeas were my friend's wedding flower and, in September, they'll be my sister's, too. They're definitely gorgeous. I would love to grow some myself someday, too!

    My favorite flower is probably the ranunculus -- though they're out of season for our November wedding. Dahlias it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hydrangea's are SO pretty, I want some in my yard but I'm worried they will just die :(
    My favorite flower is a Morning Glory.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts. They make my day!