Monday, September 23, 2013

Fish Tacos


I've never been one to gravitate toward fish tacos. It seems they're mediocre at best at most Mexican joints. BUT, after falling in love with Victoria's twist (pacific cod fish tacones - be still my foodie heart), and being reminded again of just how delicious gourmet fresh fish tacos can be at a tapas bar recently, I set about creating my signature take on the ubiquitous fish taco.

Windy Poplars Fish Tacos


1-2 filets of fresh mahi-mahi, halibut, or other firm-fleshed fish
Citrus seasoning spice blend
Shredded iceberg lettuce
1 avocado, thinly sliced
Havarti cheese (shredded)
Lime
Soft taco wraps (tortillas)

Sauce
2 T mango puree (just chop one up, and throw it in the blender or food processor)
2 T mayo
1/4 t ancho chili powder
1/2 t freshly minced garlic

Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil, coated with non-stick cooking spray. Place fish on foil, and sprinkle with citrus spice blend. Bake for 15-25 minutes (depending on how thick your fish is!), until it is fully cooked and flakes easily with a fork.

Meanwhile, shred the lettuce, slice the avocado, and prepare the cheese. In a small bowl, mix together all of the sauce ingredients.

Warm the tortillas.

When the fish is done, slice into thin strips, and assemble your tacos, finishing with a drizzle of the mango sauce, and a squeeze of fresh lime. Enjoy!

For a printable version of this recipe, CLICK HERE.



Stay in the loop >>> BLOGLOVIN' | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love fish tacos -- and these look delicious! When prepared well, they're just so filling and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum, sounds so so good! I love fish tacos and usually make a sour cream/jalapeno/avocado type dressing. But yours sounds delicious and different! We'll have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be real hear - the THOUGHT of fish tacos make me sooo nauseous! Whenever I get mexican I am boring and do ground beef for the meat. No chicken, no sea food, no steak, and certainly no organs. BORING, I know. :) Now, that mayo on the other hand...That sounds like YUM! Do you use it for other things too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave LOVES fish tacos! These look delicious, so I might have to give them a try. I think they would be fabulous with some of the halibut a friend gave us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts. They make my day!