Monday, April 13, 2015

Did the Grass Sing?



Last week during holy week, I found myself pondering for a moment what the whole of creation must have felt during those few dark days that Christ lay in the grave. The absence of His presence

-the One who made all, is in all, and is over all, whose hand suspends the world in orbit, and gives breath to every living thing-

in the universe must have been catastrophic.

The anguish. The despair. The blackest void...

When I awoke early on Easter morning to the birds singing their springtime melodies just outside my window, a line from an old song about the resurrection kept replaying itself in my semiconscious mind:

"Did the grass sing? Did the earth rejoice to feel Him again?"

You know what... I think it did.

Stay in the loop >>> BLOGLOVIN' | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts. They make my day!